"I absolutely love Healthy Paws Animal Hospital! I cannot say enough about the staff and Dr. Burgess. We came to them when they first opened up and have been with them ever since. From the time you walk in the door, to the time you leave, you feel very comfortable and you know your animal [ ...Continue Reading ]
Healthy Paws Animal Hospital was purposely designed to deliver a client and patient experience like no other veterinary hospital. From the design of the facility to the customer’s experience Healthy Paws has redefined how high quality, convenient, and compassionate animal care is experienced by both our clients and their cherished pets. No waiting in the lobby, comfortable and pet relaxing exam rooms with floor to ceiling windows (shown to lower pet anxiety), all standard procedures performed in the exam room with the client present, in-room check-out, low vaccination protocol standards, and all technicians being certified or degreed are just a few examples of how by design we are different than all others! Healthy Paws Animal Hospital is a high quality, full-service, care practice.
Meet Dr. Burgess
Dr. Karen Burgess is the head veterinarian at Healthy Paws Animal Hospital.
The professional and courteous staff at Healthy Paws Animal Hospital provides the best possible wellness, medical, surgical, dental, and behavioral care for their highly-valued clients and patients. Healthy Paws staff is committed to promoting responsible pet ownership, preventative health care, and health-related educational information to our clients. Information and client communications is our cornerstone.
- General Wellness Exams
- Puppy/Kitten Exams
- Senior Wellness Care
- Behavioral Recommendations
- Nutrition Counseling
- General and Emergency Surgery
- Spay, Neuter
- Pain Management
- Compassionate Euthanasia Services
- Digital Dental Radiography and Teeth Cleaning
- Radiography Services
Our site has an onsite laboratory, an isolation ward, a modern animal surgery suite, and a comprehensive and well stocked pharmacy.
Thanksgiving hours: Healthy Paws will be closed on Friday, 11/26, in observance of Thanksgiving. If you have an animal emergency please contact CASE Animal Hospital at 815-479-9119. Happy Thanksgiving!!
COVID 19 Statement (Updated 7/30/21)
As we enter the second half of 2021, I wanted to update everyone on how we are navigating this new season as a hospital. First, I want to say how fortunate we were in not having to close our doors a single day due to COVID. This is directly related to the caliber of my teammates who protected their families, my family, your family, and the ability for pets to continue receiving healthcare each and every day over the last year and a half. Moving forward, while the majority of my team has been vaccinated, some have not. More importantly, most have family members that for a variety of reasons are still at risk. We are taking it slowly, allowing everyone to ease back in and feel confident in how we are returning to a face to face world.
So what should you expect?
- The same high level of care from our team, whether it be in person, over the phone, via Zoom, or email.
- We are currently offering one client to accompany their pet in for visits with the doctor. Questions will still be done over the phone prior and masks (fully covering the nose) are required. Our exam rooms are small. These steps allow us to see clients in person but continue to support a comfort level for team members.
- Curbside-style appointments are still available and encouraged for anyone interested. We will continue using curbside appointments for technician appointments to reduce traffic in the hospital.
- Drop-off style appointments are also available. The veterinary field has been inundated with a large influx of pets over the past year for a variety of reasons. We are often booking out several weeks for wellness visits, so please plan accordingly. While we have appointments set aside for sick visits, they are typically filling up at least a week in advance. For sick patients where a traditional appointment is not available, we are typically able to offer same day drop-off style appointments. This allows us to provide essential medical care real time, but on a flex schedule between appointments.
- Please be aware, the overload in veterinary medicine is a universal issue. Several 24 hour facilities and referral centers have had to close intermittently due to case overload and a six-plus hour wait is now the norm for emergency care. Our goal is to keep pets out of this situation if at all possible using as many creative scheduling techniques as we can.
- Please be patient. I cannot say enough about how amazing my coworkers are and how proud I am to work day in and day out with them. They give their heart and souls to our pets and their owners. This often takes an emotional toll that most do not see. Please be patient, kind, and give a little extra love to these folks.
We have come so far and I am more excited than ever about what is to come. Thank you to all for hanging in there with us over the last year and we are so excited to see you again!